Monday 7 July 2014

The story of my weekend.

 

Saturday 5th July 2014

I love my cats - I must do. Early night last night. I got to sleep around midnight. Call of nature roused me at around 2.30am accompanied by the oh so familiar sound of a mouse squealing for it's little life. Both David and I were alerted to the fact that once again my two indoor cats had found an interactive toy and it was giving them a good run for it's money.
The sight of David and me searching for a mouse under the kids toys in the craft room, in and under all my card trays, and ink pads, in the shoe pile and under the stairs would have been laughable.
Where were Solliewoli and Billybob? In the conservatory by now, one under a dining chair and the other sitting on his cat sofa. Sparkie was standing just looking into them, - shaking his head.
Ten minutes we were looking for that mouse and where was it? In Solliewoli's mouth all the time. It had gone quiet because he had suffocated it. He sat growling at us all, - no one was taking his toy from him.
I had to leave them in the conservatory all night with the doors closed as I knew what came next - a half eaten mouse on my sleeping face.
I cleaned away the remains of the mouse this morning while he was eating his breakfast, but he will not be pleased with me when he finds out.

Sunday 6th July 2014

Woken abruptly yet again this morning by my eagle eared Havana Solliewoli. He sleeps in my bed, snuggled into the crook of my arm. He woke me by launching himself at a hundred miles an hour from the bed and off he went. Dazed I lay still, wondering what had happened. Within seconds I could hear the unmistakeable squeak of a small furry interactive toy, and the sound of my craft room being demolished. I got up and went down on my stairlift to make sure the cats took their 'toy' outside. I could do without putting my hand into my ink draw and being bitten by a scared mouse or shrew.
By now the cats had it cornered under the table, it was a little worse for wear, but still alive. After another ten minutes I got bored watching them sit and wait for it to move so I got a cardboard box from the kitchen bin and herded the animal into it. I took it outside and put it on the grass, where it just sat looking at me. Sparkie was already at the top of the garden with a huge rat in his mouth, which he proudly showed me, but as he walked up to me the shrew saw him and squeaked and ran. Sparkie dropped his rat and pounced. He killed it with one swift bite and bought it back adding it to his pile, then off he went. I have just put all the dead off the night into the dustbin. Five in total, three rats, a thrush and the shrew.

Think I need to block the cat flap into the cat pen up at night, the lock is gone, smashed out by Billybob one day when it started to rain and he wanted to get in before he got wet.
So back to bed I went, with not much chance of getting back to sleep, my foot looked like a balloon with tiny sausages sticking from it, it hurt like holy hell, the skin stretched so tight it had split and was itching. From my knee to my ankle the leg wasn’t swollen but it was bright red, looked almost sunburnt.
Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn’t been going to a Ford car show and shine at 11 in the morning.  By 10 it was raining though so we didn’t go, the swelling in my foot went down and I got to make a couple of the designs for cards I have been thinking about.

Monday 7th July 2014

Finally had a decent nights sleep. However I woke up in a lot of pain - my neck and shoulder seem frozen, - but that's because I'm afraid to move them as the pain when I do is intense.
The cats didn't have any interactive toys last night, so for now it's going to be a case of the conservatory staying shut up at night, and the boys being without access to their outdoor run.
Solliewoli is finally friends with me again, but it took patience and a lot of soft talk and smiles Saturday and yesterday to win him back round. He really was annoyed with me wasn't he? It was his first kill. Just hope it doesn't happen again - well in the house anyway because that would mean the little creatures are still getting in somehow.
So today I have to make a couple of phone calls, sort out my next University course and finish off a card I started yesterday. I think it is going to be quite nice - not my best work, but nice enough. Pictures of the cards from this weekend, neither is completed yet, blue one needs a sentiment inside on the mirror card and the other one needs an insert..

 

2014-07-07 10.54.18

2014-07-07 10.54.54

No comments:

Post a Comment